Hydrangeas are a fantastic addition to any yard. They take up a good amount room, all the while brightening up any space.
So you have a hydrangea or you just bought a hydrangea? Every pretty plant comes with a list of needs, and Hydrangeas are no exception. There are many different varieties that require some specific cares, but most all hydrangeas need this:
1. These bad boys like well-draining soil to be planted in. We have some bumper crop mixed with regular pre-existing soil that can help out with that.
1. Lots of water!
1. You want to make sure those deer do not get a whiff of your hydrangea, so using deer repellent immediately is our suggestion.
2. We have two great, reputable products that work: Liquid Fence and Deer Scram.
1. Certain kinds of hydrangeas prefer certain kinds of sun exposure
- Have a Paniculata? And contains these varieties: Limelight, etc.
- These guys like the SUN! They will take a good amount of sun and stay happy.
- Macrophylla, which includes the varieties of Lacecaps and Mophead
- These DO NOT like heavy kinds of sun exposure.
Check out our video here: